Need things to do to occupy yourself during our great summertime wash out? Uh-huh, I thought so. I’ve been looking at things to do and see to keep me from pining for the sun, so get some inspiration and plan something that can’t get rained off this summer. Also, dress codes aren’t enforced at any of the events below so you can still get use out of your new swimmers if you’re so inclined. Enjoy!
- ..//Photographer David Bailey is a legend. He is regarded as one of the best photographers in the world, working with Vogue since the 60′s and photographing The Rolling Stones, he is generally sought after by everyone and is still sought after to this day. Bailey has a new exhibition on until August 5th, called David Bailey’s East End. Bailey was born in London’s east end and this exhibition is a personal collection of images that depict east London from the 1960′s till today. Anything Bailey does is pretty damn cool, follow this link for more info and book your tickets asap.
- ..// Spiderman is cool. This trailer is cool. Its out now, cool.
- ..//Are you a foodie? Actually, if you just like eating good ‘grub’ or ‘nosh’ as Jamie Oliver likes to call food, then get a Jamie Oliver master Class. He has shops in Brighton and London called Recipease where you can book cooking lessons that are really fun and informal- you make what you eat and drink while you make, what more do you want! There’s loads of classes to choose from, Mexican Street Food, Formula One Risotto and Beef Wellington are just a few yummy ones. There’s only ever a few people in each class so its a good laugh and the chefs make sure you make your meal perfectly too so you’re learning while you’re laughing, clever huh? Here’s the link to the Recipease website if you fancy it.
- ..//Go to a gig! Keep a look out for your favourite bands, check out NME and Ticketmaster for tickets so you won’t miss out or end up being ripped off on e-bay. I just got myself tickets to The Tallest Man on Earth and Bat for Lashes and I cant wait. A good gig will stay with you for years to come, so book in some memories.
- ..//There’s just this other thing going in called the OLYMPICS? Get involved with local events and supporting Team GB wherever you are. If you don’t like sport there’s a whole lot of Olympics entertainment going on to keep you happy. Bruce Springsteen is playing as part of the celebrations in Hyde Park on July 14th. I heart him so i just wanted to include that.
- ..// Always so much more fun than you remember! Get down the lanes for old school games. Yeh that’s right.